Probably the most popular casino game of all times is roulette. This is a wheel game in which the players place their bets on a single number or on a range of numbers. Players can also place bets on colors red and black – or on odd and even numbers.
Most people would consider this game as a pure “game of chance” since the main object of the game is simply to guess where the roulette ball will land after spinning the roulette wheel. Others will insist that advanced roulette strategies can be applied to the game to increase overall winnings, however, one must remember that the odds for certain numbers to come up stays exactly the same prior to each spin. The roulette ball simply does not have a memory of its own, and no numbers are “due” to come up just because they haven´t appeared in a certain number of spins. Here are some instructions on how to play roulette in a land based casino.
Roulette tables are very easy to spot at the casino because of the large spinning wheel, and usually also because of the crowd surrounding them. As mentioned before, roulette is a classic casino game and very popular in land based casinos. Every table has a sign next to it telling you what the minimum and maximum bets are for that particular table. Once you have exchanged some cash into chips – you are ready to place your bets. Here are some examples of number bets that you can place:
1. Straight-up or a single bet. This is a bet that you place on a single number and which pays 35 to 1 in odds.
2. The split bet. This is a bet that is placed between two numbers – covering both numbers. If any of the numbers win, this will pay 17 to 1 in odds.
3. The street bet. This is a bet that is placed at the edge of a row consisting of three numbers. Should you win, you´ll be getting paid 11 to 1 in odds.
4. The corner bet. This is a bet that is placed at the intersection of four numbers, paying you 8 to 1 in odds if you should win.
5. The double-street bet. This bet covers two rows with three numbers each. You´ll get paid 6 to 1 in odds if you should win.
6. The column bet. This bet covers an entire column of numbers yielding 2 to 1 in odds if you win.
Besides placing specific number bets, (that is picking certain numbers to cover), you can also bet on which color the ball will land on – red or black. You can also bet on whether the ball will land on an even number or on an odd number. These types of bets are very popular among novice players.