Quick Facts on F-1 Visa

Any nonimmigrant person who is enrolled full time at an accredited academic institution within the United States needs an F-1 visa. Once in possession of that document, he or she is able to enter the country 30 days before the start of classes. He or she can remain in the country throughout the length of the visa-holder’s academic program.
The student must be attending an accredited institution. If the student’s chosen institution were to lose its accreditation, the student would need to find an alternate source of accredited classes within five months. If the visa-holder is away from classes for more than five months, then his or her visa will no longer be considered valid.

The student who applies for an F-1 visa must be proficient in English or otherwise be working towards obtaining a proficiency in English. Students who are granted one of these visas are going to be attending classes where the lecture will be given in English. There time spent listening to that lecture will be of little value, if they cannot understand what is being said.

Schengen Visa Fee

The students who are awarded one of these visas are expected to concentrate on their studies. Hence each of them should do well, and should be able to offer proof of that fact (in the form of good grades). Usually, the those students who have an F-1 visa must present proof of their good grades to the proper authority, someone who is working for the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

The student who applies for this particular document is expected to offer proof of family ties, property ownership or an offer of employment in his or her native country, prior to coming to the United States. The awarded visa will be invalid within 60 days of the time that the student’s program has come to an end. However, the student’s stay can be extended, if he or she chooses to enter an Optional Training Program. Those who take part in such a program benefit from 12 months of on-the-job experience.

If the visa-holder does not care to enter an OPT, he or she does have another way to gain permission for remaining within the country. He or she can apply for one of the H-1B visas. Those are documents that are granted to nonimmigrant persons who have chosen to come to the United States in order to work for a US-based employer.

You may discuss your particular visa requirements with an immigration lawyer and see if you qualify for it. Additionally, if you have no clue about the visa process and need assistance, a good immigration lawyer can be of assistance. They usually work with a host of government agencies and know the latest about immigration regulations. It is best that you schedule an appointment with the lawyer and discuss your specific case. The lawyer service will assist you through the complete process which will benefit you in getting the visa without any hassle.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *